[vc_row row_height_percent=”0″ back_image=”561″ back_repeat=”no-repeat” back_position=”center center” parallax=”yes” overlay_color=”color-186473″ overlay_alpha=”65″ gutter_size=”3″ column_width_percent=”100″ shift_y=”0″ z_index=”0″][vc_column column_width_percent=”100″ gutter_size=”3″ style=”dark” overlay_alpha=”50″ shift_x=”0″ shift_y=”0″ shift_y_down=”0″ z_index=”0″ medium_width=”0″ mobile_width=”0″ width=”1/1″][vc_custom_heading text_font=”font-152860″ text_size=”bigtext” text_transform=”uppercase”]Grilled Short Ribs
[/vc_custom_heading][vc_column_text]Grilled short ribs are delicious, juicy and tender. They are a must BBQ or grilling recipe you can enjoy at an outdoor BBQ party in your backyard.
Hasty Bake grill works best because you can bake over it along with grilling. This gives you so much control over the cooking process. Making these short ribs over a hasty bake grill is the easiest thing to do.
These short ribs get flavor and juiciness from red wine and a blend of spices. They are seared and smoked until the meat melts in your mouth, and you can smell and taste the smokiness. These short ribs will become your ultimate favorite in no time!
How to make grilled short ribs over a Hasty Bake Grill?
Making grilled short ribs in a Hasty Bake grill is an easy and straightforward task. Here are a few simple steps you have to follow:
Step 1: First of all, wash the short ribs and pat them dry using a kitchen towel. Place them in a large shallow dish or a bowl and pour premium quality red wine over it. Let it sit for at least an hour so that the ribs soak up the goodness from the red wine.
Step 2: Once the short ribs are marinated, take them out of the bowl and place them in another bowl. Picking up a single rib, sprinkle premade seasonings of your choice one by one on the short ribs generously. You can use more than one spice to add flavor to the short ribs.
Step 3: Heat the grill by placing the hot coals in the bake position. Place the marinated short ribs over the grill and cook them on all sides for about 7 to 10 minutes or until they get a nice sear.
Step 4: : Place the firebox downwards and turn the hasty bake grill into a smoker to give these short ribs a nice smoky flavor. Seal the grill with a lid and let it smoke until the short ribs get an internal temperature of 205 or 210 degrees F.
Step 5: Once done, remove them from the grill and serve them alongside your favorite side. Enjoy!
Tips for making grilled short ribs
When making grilled short ribs over the hasty grill, keep a few things in mind for best results:
- I love to marinate short ribs in red wine. That’s because it adds a delicious richness to the ribs. When choosing red wine for cooking purposes or margination, make sure you choose a premium quality product. It is essential for adding flavor to the short ribs, which will shine through.
- There is no hard and fast rule on which seasoning works best to add flavor to the short ribs. You can use any premade seasoning for grilled short ribs.
- I prefer using more than one spice to add flavor to the short rib. It builds up layers of flavor, ensuring the grilled short ribs are juicy and flavorsome.
- Marinating short ribs in red wine offer many benefits. It not just adds flavor to the short ribs but also adds the moisture necessary for making them juicy. Plus, it also allows the spices to stick nicely to the ribs resulting in perfect flavors.
- Clean the grill thoroughly before heating it. Make sure the grill is very hot before placing the short ribs to get a nice sear on them.
- Make sure the heat is in the middle of the grill and positioned perfectly for the hasty bake. This way, you will have so much control over the fire, and the ribs will cook to perfection.
- Although the short ribs cook to perfection when their internal temperature is 205 degrees F, however, I take it to 210 degrees F so that I can get a bite of them. Moreover, this way, they are easy to cut off the bone.
What to serve with grilled short ribs?
Grilled short ribs are delicious when you eat them with a dipping sauce. However, there are so many
amazing sides that go well with these ribs. Here are a few ideas on what to serve with these ribs:
- Salad: Whether a fresh garden salad or a creamy potato salad, you can enjoy these Hasty Bake grilled short ribs with a salad. It adds freshness to your meal.
- Quinoa: These ribs taste very good with quinoa or a quinoa salad.
- Rice: You can serve them with garlic rice, fried rice, or simply cooked rice as well. serve with sautéed vegetables or mashed potatoes to complete the meal
- Fries: Serve these short ribs with potato or sweet potato fries and a mayo dip. It is a perfect combination.
- Taco/sandwiches: You can remove the bones and serve these short ribs on tacos or in your sandwiches. These ribs taste good on almost everything
[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner column_width_percent=”100″ gutter_size=”3″ style=”dark” overlay_alpha=”50″ shift_x=”0″ shift_y=”0″ shift_y_down=”0″ z_index=”0″ medium_width=”0″ mobile_width=”0″ width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
Wine Marinated Short Ribs
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, cut individually and halved
- 1 bottle decent quality red wine
- Your favorite beef seasoning
Place ribs in bowl and cover in red wine, marinating for a minimum of 1 hour. Remove and coat with your favorite beef seasoning. Place on hot charcoal grill and sear all sides to form a crust. Move to the offset side of the grill, drop the temperature and allow ribs to smoke for another 2 hours. Wrap in foil and continue cooking until an internal temperature of 210° is reached. Remove from grill and rest for at least 30 mins. Cut off of bone and slice to serve.